At our facility on Hwy 8:
Clean Wood Waste
Clean wood waste is currently accepted at Latah Sanitation free of charge.
MATERIALS ACCEPTED (to be composted):
• Lumber, wood, scraps, pallets
• Must be separated, clean, unpainted & untreated
• Nails and screws are okay (magnet removes)
• Any wood containing glues
WHERE TO BRING:
Latah Sanitation Solid Waste Processing Facility
3299 Hwy 8 (5 miles east of Moscow)
WHO CAN BRING:
Latah County residents and businesses
Tim Davis, City of Moscow
(208) 883-7131 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- untreated wood
- glass (windshields, windows, NOT bottles)
- vinyl siding
- carpet & padding
- sod, stumps, branches greater than 26″ in diameter
Municipal Solid Waste
- household waste
- animal bones & hides
- animal waste
- treated grain
- treated lumber
- cold ashes
Washers, dryers, hot water heaters, stoves, large microwaves, etc. Appliances with CFCs include refrigerators, freezers, air conditioners.
Passenger and commercial tires. Tires with rims are an additional fee.
For minimum fee and other fees on the above items, call Latah Sanitation (208) 882-5724.
Yard waste is run through Latah Sanitation’s grinder and then composted. Certain materials cannot be run through the grinder such as sod, stumps and any material larger than 26 inches in diameter. These materials need to be brought to the demolition area. Please be sure to remove plastic bags as they are not compostable and can bind up in the grinder. Materials accepted include:
- branches and logs (up to 10′ in length and up to 26” in diameter)
- decoration-free Christmas trees
- hedge trimmings
Compost is free to residents of Latah County but please call ahead of time for availability.
Aluminum, tin, steel, metal, iron, copper, brass.